Many of you have been asking for an update of what's going on with our house, moving, the baby, etc. Here's the latest:
Selling the House
We are tentatively scheduled to close on our house (condo) on 12/15. I say "tentatively" because it may have to be delayed due to a "hiccup" our buyers have experienced with the sale of their cottage up north. Hopefully everything will be signed and sealed before Christmas. On a side note, Paul and I signed the closing papers yesterday morning.
Moving
The moving company is coming to pack all of our belongings on Monday (12/11). They will then come back on Thursday (12/14) morning to load the truck and take our stuff to storage. We're taking a bit of a gamble, moving without having a firm close date, but as I told Paul, I am not interesting in moving during Christmas and I'm tired of being in limboland as it relates to moving (or not moving).
We have corporate housing set up in Schaumburg, IL beginning in January (and until then, we'll be mooching off our parents for a warm bed to sleep in and food to eat). We'll likely be in the furnished apartment for 2 or 3 months, or until we can find an alternative housing arrangement (hopefully a house).
The Baby
The Baby will be 17 weeks old on Monday. Elise and I heard the heartbeat again on Thursday....it's really a sound to behold! My OB said she thinks the baby is a boy....she said (unscientifically) boys tend to have slightly lower heartrates than girls. We'll know in early January if she's right. My Grandma says that she'll believe it's a boy when she sees it. It's a well known fact that Bonner girls don't know how to make babies with handles (my Grandma has 7 granddaughers and 2 great-granddaughers, 0 grandsons).
I'm starting to put on a little bit of weight now and even have a little bump. This of course means that my clothes aren't fitting like they should and I'm in the weird stage where normal clothes are too short/tight but maternity clothes are much too big. I'm feeling a lot better for the most part, though I have my good days and bad days, but am still being monitored for a thyroid condition (hyperthyroidism) and this is always a bit of a concern.
The Girls
Elise and Briscoe are doing fine. Elise loves seeing all of the Christmas lights and trees and gets excited when she sees a clown (aka Santa Claus). Neither understands that we're moving. This next week should be interesting as all of our belongings are being packed up by strangers. I'm guessing Elise isn't going to like that too much. In addition, she's got a bit of a cold and was pretty cranky today. Let's hope that doesn't continue through the week, especially since Paul will be traveling Monday afternoon through Thursday morning. I think I'll be ready for a long nap by the time he gets back.
Contact Info
The best way to reach us right now is via email or my cellphone (our current home phone number). We don't have a new address yet, but our mail will be forwarded (place TBD).
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Laua,
Thanks for the update. I hope y'all will close on the 15th. I'll be praying for such.
Having moved several times with kids, I suggest you have Elise pack up a special little suitecase with a special assortment of her special toys, books, and stuffed animals and dolls (her choosing) to take with you to your parents. She'll feel a little more in "control" during this upheaval time if she is involved. It's still going to be hard, but spending time with your folks will help with the transition.
Love,
Bev
Things are moving along for you, which is great! All will come together eventually -- and sooner than you might imagine. I can feel it in my bones. Looking forward to having you closer to us, at least for awhile - until you move to corporate housing. Valpo is just a brief trip from St. John. Looking forward to seeing you X'mas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa Seamon's. Hugs and kisses to the girls, Paul, and "the two of you, Laura". Thanks too for the great holiday card with pictures of Elise! She sure is a cutie.
Post a Comment