Yesterday was a big day for Elise. It was her first day of preschool! She's signed up for 3 mornings a week, from 8:30 to 11:30a. As you can imagine, getting everyone ready and out the door is a little tricky, but the payoff is (we're hoping) worth it.
Elise did fabulous. I was a little worried that she would resist staying with her new class, since sometimes she's a bit apprehensive around new people, but boy did she prove me wrong. She found a toy to play with and said good-bye and that was that. And when I picked her up, she was following the instructions of Miss Gretchen perfectly. If only the same could be said of her at home! By dinnertime, she was pretending to be the teacher of her babies, explaining who she was, instructing them to line up on the line and telling them all of the fun things they could do in their classroom (sit, kneel, jump, spin, etc). It was a little peak into what her morning must have been like.
Elise did fabulous. I was a little worried that she would resist staying with her new class, since sometimes she's a bit apprehensive around new people, but boy did she prove me wrong. She found a toy to play with and said good-bye and that was that. And when I picked her up, she was following the instructions of Miss Gretchen perfectly. If only the same could be said of her at home! By dinnertime, she was pretending to be the teacher of her babies, explaining who she was, instructing them to line up on the line and telling them all of the fun things they could do in their classroom (sit, kneel, jump, spin, etc). It was a little peak into what her morning must have been like.



3 comments:
Wasn't it like 70 degrees in Chicago yesterday? Does Julia really need to be in a snuggler?
I'm glad she did so well...now why are you holding out on us about this new car I hear all about? Why didn't that make the blog news!
Congrats on your first day of school, Elise!
Anne
Post a Comment