Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

In like a lion...

Happy Spring! We celebrated here in the windy city with yet another 4-6" of snow. I wasn't really dreaming of a white Easter, but that's what we got. But as I sit here writing, it's a beautiful sunny day with not a cloud in the sky. We're looking forward to the 50 degree temps today!

The last few weeks have been busy, busy, busy. We've been on the hunt for a house. It's a stressful process and with the housing market like it is, things our in our favor and yet we are a little hesitant to pull the trigger and make an offer. We'll keep you posted as things come together.

As Jon mentioned, I spent a long weekend with my sisters in Minneapolis/St. Paul shopping for a new wardrobe for Bethie. Rudi was kind enough to put up with us for four days. Errin, being a fantastic personal shopper, did a fabulous job picking out some really cute stuff for Beth. I was the chief camel (bag carrier), but was so glad to spend some time with them sans children. I should note that Paul stayed home with the girls, taking two days off of work and survived beautifully. Hugs and kisses to him!


My parents drove to Chicago to spend the Easter weekend with us. It seems like every time they visit we have the worst weather. And as I mentioned, it was cold and snowy but thankfully the worst of it didn't come down until they had arrived. We had a really nice visit. Julia took a shining to Grandpa especially....they amused themselves by sticking their tongues out at each other.



Elise is on spring break this week, so we have a very low-key week. We're off to enjoy the nice day before it turns cold again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowie! It looks like the shopping trip was a big success!
P & L - your girls are absolutely beautiful! From these recent pics it looks like Julia's hair is lightening up, vs Elise's dark brown. Different features, and both adorable!
Good luck on the house hunting.
Love,
Bev

Anonymous said...

I've got a house for sale ...... cheap. Wanna buy it?

Melissa said...

Just like Beth's, your girls are growing so fast! I can't believe how big they are! How proud you must be!

Love, Melissa