On Monday, my Aunt Susan called and said she would watch Elise so that Paul could take me out to dinner--her birthday gift to me. What a treat! Paul was home from work by 6:30 and we were in Ann Arbor by 7:15. After dropping Elise off, we headed over to Palio's, a delicious Italian restaurant on Main Street. I had Insalada Caprese and Capellini Con Pollo E Funghi (sounds funny, but oh so good). Yummy! Oh, and for dessert, Tiramisu of course. Elise had a ball playing with her cousin Ella. She was so wound up and sang all of her favorite songs to us on the way home, even though it well after her bedtime.
Because we didn't have time for presents on Monday, I opened them on Tuesday afternoon. Paul bought me a bag of Hershey's Kissables (interesting concept, but we've decided they don't taste very good--it was the thought that counts). Elise gave me a beautiful jewlery box. Inside were stunning diamond earrings. She told me that the reason she gave them to me now is because she is expecting them back at some point in the future. Indian-giver! I'm not sure who told her those items were both on my wish list, but I have my suspicions.
So far, being 30 is great. No different than 29. Let's hope it stays that way!
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment