Yesterday was our first day home without Paul (i.e. just me and the girls). I was very nervous, but apparently didn't have much of a reason to be. Elise was a star (minus a couple of defiant spells). She was very helpful with Julia and even reported to me that Julia spit up all over herself in the baby bed. Enter the laundry problem.
1) There was a perimeter breach to her morning diaper and Julia peed all over my leg first thing in the morning....my first change of clothes. My second change of clothes occured after being spit up on....badly (see #2). My first load of laundry.
2) Julia spits up a lot, more than I remember Elise ever doing. We went through several onesies over the course of the day from Julia declaring it "Let's see how many times my Mama can change my clothes" day. Add the burp clothes and receiving blankets and you have another load of laundry.
3) Julia has a bad case of diaper rash. It popped up suddenly and is causing her a lot of discomfort. So, everytime she poops (which is more than I care to share) she's had screaming fits, requiring an immediate new diaper. In an attempt to alleviate some of her pain, I left her diaper off for a few minutes so that she could air dry. What I failed to do was put a waterproof pad underneath her....she was on our bed and peed all over herself. Another load of laundry....sheets and a blanket.
4) I was changing Elise's diaper just before putting her down for a nap. Usually this is done on the floor, but I was tired and didn't want to get down on all fours. At any rate, just before putting a clean diaper on, Elise announced that she needed to use the potty (yes, we're still working on potty training). She scooted herself off the bed and left a nice skid-mark on her sheet. Yet another load of laundry (but she did go pee-pee on the potty)!
Who would have thought two little girls could cause so much extra work in one day! It really is job security.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
oh Laura, I am so THERE with you on the laundry thing, it is neverending. The only hope is that someone will invent child size machines so that they can do their own!!! Is 5 years old too young? Naah
love and prayers
Cousin Shellee In AZ
I think the $138,000/year salary for stay at home moms requires another look....
Hang in there, mom!!! And remember that daddy can help you some!
Love,
Bev
Oh yes. I remember those days, and I just had one girl. They do keep you hopping. Two is NOT twice the work of one. It is more four times the work. I don't understand how that math works, but it is true!
Love,
Would it help if I said my cat leaves me skid marks too? Only on the carpet isn't as easy to clean up.
Post a Comment