Elise Finally Forgoes Pesky Pull-upsIn a bold move two weeks ago (I'm a bit behind in my blogging...), Elise decided that she was done with pull-ups. She's now in big-girl underwear 100% of the time, including at night. When asked by Daddy to get her panties on, Elise kindly corrected him by saying, "Daddy, they're not pan-nies, they're pan-ties!" She can be pretty cheeky....
Sleep Therapy
Researchers say it doesn't matter which position you sleep (or what you sleep with) in order to get a good night's sleep. Elise is living proof.
Big Sister Strikes Again
Elise continues in her quest to be crowned the best big sister in the world. From wiping bottoms (not the poopy ones, of course) to cleaning toes, she's on her way to earning this accolade from her (sometimes) appreciative parents.
Imagination Hard at Work
In a current episode of storytelling to Julia, Elise began, "Once upon a time, there was a king who lived in a soft-boiled eye." Hmmm....not sure what to make of that. In other news, did you know that if 5 Cheerios are arranged in a certain way, they look like a gingerbread man? Ask Elise. She'll show you.
Fall Family Pictures
Paparazzi
Child by day, budding photographer by night. Here are a few of our favorite Elise shots:
It's a Bird, It's a Plane...It's Julia
It's Grrrrr-eat!
In a desperate attempt to make nights go a little more smoothly, we finally threw in the towel
and gave Julia her first bowl of Rice Cereal. First attempts were not too successful, but now she loves it.
Raspberries
There's not a whole lot to say about this one. You have to see it for yourself.
Frog Legs
Julia has taken on her sea...I mean frog legs. She is learning the joys of jumping. Unfortunately for her mom, this has resulted in 3 explosive and very stinky diapers. The 'super-wash' cycle of the washing machine doesn't seem to do the trick either.
Ta Ta for Now!


3 comments:
When Kate started blowing out the back of her diapers from jumping in the exersaucer, that is when I switched from Swaddlers to huggies snug fit. I realized the hard way there are different stages for diapers. Also...someone I know swears by the dual action spray n' wash with oxy.
Great pictures and clips. Can't believe how the girls are growing! I really enjoy catching up with all of you via your blog.
Sorry I haven't gotten in touch with you. Just today we got into our new abode, and I returned to life with the internet. Ahhh!
As for the blowouts, I found that Huggies Supreme worked the best because they had the backstop. Also, to get out the stain, just put the washed, yet still stained, article of clothing out in the sunshine for a couple of hours. Simple solution, but it works amazingly! I found this out after trying every combination of Oxyclean, Spray 'n Wash, and Tide you could think of ... but really all you have to do is to let it sit in the sun.
Will try and talk to you soon ... after all the craziness has dwindled.
Post a Comment