Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, March 03, 2008

February is Finally Over

I think that was the longest February ever....well, the longest in the last 4 years anyway. After a warm up this last weekend (a balmy 41 degrees, the warmest day we've had in 2 months), the snow has finally begun to melt and we are beginning to reclaim 2 feet of our driveway that was taken over by the huge mountain of snow. There's gravel everywhere and the street looks a bit like a kitty litter box. I've got a pretty bad case of spring fever. I'm not sure why we didn't choose to move south....

2 comments:

IrishMommy said...

Laura,
I agree about the longest winter EVER! We went for a walk on Sunday when the MN temps hit in the high 30's. Then Monday we were back to 10 degrees with a nasty windchiill. Cheers to spring coming very soon...

rudi said...

I feel your pain irishmommy, Chicagoans just don't know how cold a real winter is.

And can you imagine how cold it would be if it weren't for global warming? Brrr!