Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, March 03, 2008

Plus 1% Makes 10.25%

I admit that I'm pretty naive to what's going on locally. We've moved our TV to the (very cold) basement and we don't get the newspaper. About the only news I hear is what's on the radio briefly as I take Elise to school.

It's been talked about in the past, but I was hoping it would never come to fruition. The Cook County Board passed legislation that will make the sales tax in the Windy City (and suburbs) a whopping 10.25%. It was said that Chicago now has the highest sales tax of any major city in the United States. That's certainly something to be proud of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about that. Makes shopping at the outlet mall in Michigan City that much more attractive!

BoxcatAV said...

Ouch!

rudi said...

I think the city has a secret plan to purchase the Cubs, which explains the tax increase. Can you blame them? If that is the case, best. tax increase. ever!

On the tv thing... what kind of parent's would force their children to watch hours upon hours of tv in a cold, dark basement?