When we got home from our camping weekend on Tuesday, we found that our house guests were having a field day in our pantry. I wasn't surprised, but was frustrated that I had a mess to clean up (mostly mouse droppings). Paul set 4 old-fashioned traps with cheese before leaving for Minneapolis. I had a feeling that we'd catch something while Paul was gone. And sure enough, at 9:30p, I heard a snap!Most of you would agree that I'm pretty tough, but when it comes to rodents and big bugs, I can be a bit of a baby. Without Paul home, I had to suck it up and clean up the mess. I armed my self with a double-lined grocery bag and a pair of tongs and set out to dispose of the body. It didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked....I dropped the trap once on the way to the grocery bag (less than 18 inches from the crime scene). And I learned that death by trap is not a clean assassination. I not only had to dispose of the body, but clean up the pool of blood too. Yuck!
Moral of the story: Do not set mouse traps on days when Paul is going out of town!


4 comments:
I had to do the same with a mouse we caught outside. Dean found these great traps that are reusable and you pinch them like a clothes pin to release the mouse. The are plastic gray traps and work great. We have had the invaders in our garage and found peanut butter works well. Good luck.
The mice had a field day in your 'panty?' Mmm....
Thanks for being my spell-checker Rudi. Only you (or Jon) would catch that!
I just wanted to be clear that the mouse was in your 'pantry' and not your 'panty' because it would be odd if a mouse was in your panty!
Post a Comment