Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

The last 2 1/2 weeks have been a bit crazy, but I think things will start to settle down now and I'll have some time to catch up. Stay tuned for updates and pictures from the holidays....they'll be posted soon.

In the meantime, we landed at our new 'home' yesterday afternoon. We will be staying in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom furnished apartment in Schaumburg (a NW suburb of Chicago). It's fairly nice and should work out okay for the near future. My only complaint so far is the mattress, which appears to have a severe dip to the center. I'm not sure what we can do about that.

The location of the apartment is pretty good. We are minutes away from Woodfield Mall and Ikea, as well as any other shopping venue you can think of. Paul has a nice 10 minute commute in the morning (not as nice as the commute to his office in the 3rd bedroom, but it'll do for now). We are also close to the highway, which can get us to church in record time (not the 30-40 minute drive we're accustomed to).

I had my first doctor's appointment with my new OB this afternoon and am pleased so far. She seems very nice and was not concerned that Elise was practically destroying her office. Somehow Elise even managed to find a package of instant oatmeal, one of her favorite breakfast foods. The baby is officially 'half-baked' and is very active (lots of kicks, wiggles, etc.). We just scheduled our ultrasound and should know the sex of the baby then (I'll leave the date a mystery for now....that way you'll have to check back).

As for our Canton home (condo)....we unfortunately still own it. The close date has been moved so many times that I've lost count. Last we heard, it should be sometime in mid-January now. I'm holding my breath. It is disappointing that we rushed to move out before Christmas, only to learn that things were being delayed. We are praying now that the whole thing doesn't fall apart altogether. Boy would that stink!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! If you need to get out of the apt and let Elise run wild, her cousins are only around the corner now!!