Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Things I had Forgotten....

There are several things that I had forgotten about living in an apartment.

1) Sharing a wall with a neighbor does not always work out so well. We share a bedroom wall with another apartment and are awakened very early each morning by that tenant's very loud alarm clock, which once on is not turned off for quite a period of time.

2) Not having a garage in the winter is unpleasant. Elise and I were up and out the door early this morning and I did not remember to leave adequate time for the car to warm up, nor scrape the windows.

3) Not having a garage is unpleasant (period). The parking spaces in front of our building fill up by 6 or 7p....you move, you lose.

4) Living on the lower level means easier access to your apartment, but also means hearing the footsteps and every move of the tenants living above you. Thankfully, they have not been home much!

5) No keys, no entrance. Paul found this one out. Luckily Elise and I were home to let him in the building. :>)

I am grateful to have a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in right now. But I am also reminded of how spoiled we were to have our own home the last 2 1/2 years....

By the way, here's what our apartment looks like:



It's really a very nice apartment (the nicest we've ever lived in) and with just over 1,000 sq. ft., we have plenty of room with what we came with. Elise has her own room (with queen bed) and her own bathroom, so it's working out well. And it's great to have a washer and dryer right in our unit. I would be in a world of hurt if I had to give that up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apartment life. Reminds me of my college days. We've been fortunate to live in houses mostly, except for when we owned C's old condo. It was a real blessing for us at the time but it would be hard to go back. How long will you live in your apartment? Are you house hunting?

Sue and Crew

Anonymous said...

Reading about your apartment life brings back memories of Ryan and I's first home. We also shared a bedroom wall with our neighbors, and they too never turned their alarm clock off. And to top that, the wife would yell at him on the top of her lungs to get up and turn the alarm off. It was great!!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

During our extended stay hotel stint, we too had a neighbor whose alarm would go off forever. We slept with a fan on which helped drone out noises like alarm clock, footsteps, etc.