While living in Michigan, we bought a desk and filing cabinet from Ikea (in Canton) for Paul's 'office.' During the move, one of the casters on the cabinet broke off and was not reparable. I went to the Schaumburg Ikea yesterday to see if I could order a replacement part. They have this great system where you identify which piece of furniture you need a part for, locate the instruction manual from a filing cabinet and tell them which piece you need. Within minutes, they had located a new caster and handed it over. And the best part about it was that I didn't even have to pay for it! How great is that! It was by far the most seamless process I have ever experienced. Other companies could stand to learn a little something about customer service from them!
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Ikea
While living in Michigan, we bought a desk and filing cabinet from Ikea (in Canton) for Paul's 'office.' During the move, one of the casters on the cabinet broke off and was not reparable. I went to the Schaumburg Ikea yesterday to see if I could order a replacement part. They have this great system where you identify which piece of furniture you need a part for, locate the instruction manual from a filing cabinet and tell them which piece you need. Within minutes, they had located a new caster and handed it over. And the best part about it was that I didn't even have to pay for it! How great is that! It was by far the most seamless process I have ever experienced. Other companies could stand to learn a little something about customer service from them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment