This weekend marked our third annual White Sox / Cubs weekend with Errin and Rudi. Grandma and Grandpa Seamon were kind enough to watch the girls (Elise and Briscoe) so that Paul and I could spend Saturday night in Chi-town. It was a much needed break for both of us!We took the Southshore train from Dune Park (near Chesterton, IN) just before 8am on
Saturday morning. It made for an early morning, but well worth missing all the construction. The train was packed with people going to either the game or the Taste of Chicago. The best part of the train ride was listening to a group of church kids discuss the sites of northern Indiana and the southern suburbs of Chicago. One of my favorite lines was "Wow, is that Wrigley Field?" The kid didn't realize that he was referring to the Gary Southshore Railcats "U.S. Steel Yard". Very funny! Obviously he doesn't get out much.
We arrived at the Hyatt Regency around 9:30a. After a leisurely breakfast at McDonald's, we boarded the Red Line Train to Wrigley field. The Cross-Town Classic is always fun because there is a ton of people and a lot of energy at the park. It was toasty in the stands, but the game was great....probably the best I have ever been to. And the final score was even better....8 to 6. Here is the game summary.And here's Rudi's summary: "Dumb Cubs."


5 comments:
Laura...I think Dean and I were at the same game! We were at the one in which the Cubs were winning and then in the 9th inning lost! We are really frustrated with those cubbies! At least we had free tickets! Was that the same game?
We were thrilled to have your two girls stay with us. What fun we had!! Thanks for letting us care for them.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa S.
Hi Rach! Yep, that was the game. I'm bummed that we didn't run into you!
We were sitting in the second section behind home plate, I think they were called terrace box seats. It would have been much more fun to see you than watch the cubs screw up another game!
stupid white sox too, always winning when we come to see the Cubs win.
Post a Comment