Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Mother Load

Each afternoon, Elise typically goes down for a nap (and sometimes I do too). She doesn't always sleep. In fact, sometimes she'll read books or listen to music (yes, she's figured out how to work her radio and can turn her CDs on....she even knows how to adjust the volume). This afternoon was no different. Except that at 4:30 I realized that both of us were still sleeping....not good considering we're usually up and moving by 3:30. Paul said he didn't realize how late it was either and it was still quiet upstairs, so he wasn't worried.

Paul went upstairs to get Elise and before waking her, came to get me. I was struck by the terrible smell coming from her bed. But then I noticed that Elise's big girl bed was covered with all of her CDs, completely disassembled and littered around her. Cute at first, except that some of the covers were torn and ripped. As I was changing Elise's very smelly diaper, she's crying and doesn't want to have her pants changed. I'm not too concerned, as this is not all that uncommon. Then we find the mother load.....while we thought Elise was sounding sleeping, she was in fact shredding Kleenex and hiding the evidence behind her bed (reminds me of a story about my sister Beth and her underwear). We pulled the bed away from the wall and asked Elise what happened. She's now sobbing, as if to say that she knows what she's done (remorse?). Guess who got to clean up her mess. I guess that's punishment enough. :>)

Elise will be 2 on October 6th. I'm sensing that the 'terrible twos' are already in full swing!

No comments: