Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, September 01, 2006

Zoo, Farm and More Zoo

You may be wondering what happened to us...it's been a while since the last post. Paul, Elise and I have been touring the zoos of the mid-south. Okay, it's been more than that, but so far we've been to the St. Louis Zoo, Grant's Farm and the Memphis Zoo. Elise has been in pig-heaven!

We left on Sunday for a trip to St. Louis to visit some of friend's of Paul's family, the Solomon's. Grandma and Grandpa Seamon came along with us for this part of our trip. It's been several years since we've seen the Solomon's and it was the first time that they had met Elise, so it was fun for everyone. We did tour the St. Louis Zoo and Grant's Farm over the two days that we were there. My favorite part of the zoo was watching the month old baby Elephant named Maliha. So cute! Elise loved the carousel and the train ride.

On Wednesday afternoon, we continued down I-55 to Memphis to visit my sister Bethie, brother-in-law Jon and niece Libby. Libby turned 1-year old on August 26th and is as cute as ever. She has really warmed up to Paul and me and Elise loves to play with her (I mean her toys!). Yesterday was a home improvement day, which went surprisingly well. We (Jon, Paul and I) moved a 220V outlet for the dryer and also relocated a dryer vent. Paul and I are really impressed at Jon's handyman skills (but mostly that he's willing to try things he's never done....something we're not particularly good at). Today we went to the Memphis Zoo and we'll be going up to St. Jude's this afternoon to get the grand tour and to visit Bethie. More on that soon!

Stay tuned for pictures.....

No comments: