Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Watch What You Say

Elise is at a very impressionable age now. She's been repeating a lot of what we say, but today's the first day that she's actually said a full sentence/phrase.....a full day after she last heard it. Briscoe, being the puppy that she is, has been a troublemaker the last couple of weeks, from peeing in the house to shredding tissue to just being a pest. At the height of her troublemaking, I've said to Briscoe, "I'm gonna beat you." Just a figure of speech, not that I would ever inflict much pain. Paul reminded me just last night that I might not want to say that anymore because of Elise's propensity to repeat things. He was so right! I've once again learned my lesson. We were riding in the car this morning and Elise is saying, "I'm gonna beat you" over and over again. I couldn't believe my ears. Now we're going through detox of that phrase!

So if you're around Elise in the near future, please watch what you say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until some day when Elise is the big sister and discovers how fun it is to suggest words that her younger sibling(s) should use to practice their rhyming skills. You know, like luck, tucker, chit, wham ......