We received some disheartening news on Tuesday. The sale of our condo has once again fallen through, this time for good. We are discouraged. We (or shall I say, I) trusted our buyers to follow-through with what they said they were going to do....close on our house as soon as their Michigan property closed. This was planned for 12/15, then the week after Christmas, then 10 days after that. Perhaps I am a little too naive. Due to some financial hardship that they've recently discovered, our backed out of our contract all together. We're back to square one.....
Because we've already moved out and have temporarily settled in Chicago, our next step is unclear and complicated. We can either move back to Canton and ask that all of our belongings be taken out of storage and returned to our condo. Or we can try to find some place to rent here that's reasonable priced and a similar size to our Canton condo so that all of our stuff will fit. The decision is overwhelming. No matter how you look at it, we lose. And depending on how long it takes to sell our condo, it could be painful.
So, when life hands you lemons, you're supposed to make lemonade. It's hard. Really hard.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I knew you were very upset when we talked on Tuesday because you used the word "pissed". That is like another person using the "f-bomb".
Yes...it was a weak (and angry) moment. I probably should have kept my mouth shut.
Laura and Paul,
We're so sorry to hear of your difficult news. Please don't lose heart. God Our Father works in mysterious ways. Please put your trust in Him, and look to Him for answers. I'll be praying for you.
Bev
If you need a place to stay (for free), Saint Paul is only a short drive up I-94. You can stay until your condo sells. (BTW, doesn't Paul have an office in Minneapolis?)
I can't believe you said, 'pissed!'
Post a Comment