Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, April 22, 2007

37 Weeks....Full Term

"Full" is really an understatement....Baby S is officially fully baked (and big). And while we are not 100% sure on her name yet, I think we're very close. She definitely makes her presence known, constantly wiggling and moving around. During the last ultrasound, it was confirmed that placenta previa is no longer an issue, so we are gearing up for a normal delivery.

For being so close to the due date, I am happy to say that I'm feeling pretty good. Aside from heartburn, leg cramps, constant trips to the bathroom, and sore hips, there's not much to complain about. It's full nesting mode now: getting everything set up, washed, installed and put away. I haven't started making extra food yet (and I'm not sure I'll get to it at all), but I don't have any problems eating!

Here's a recent picture:

May I add a couple of comments I've received over the last few days:

"Are you having a boy? You are carrying just like I did....a big turkey ball in the front." -a lady at the park

"When are you due? Oh, that's what I thought. I can tell." -a women at the thrift store where I was dropping off donations

"You look.....uncomfortable." -a male friend whom I hadn't seen in a while

Thanks, I guess.

2 comments:

rudi said...

Your belly looks like mine after I've ate a couple of burritos. But after a few hours and several farts later, mine goes back to normal.

That is a heck of a lot of baby stuffed in there, L!! Is there a pool yet for the weight?

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!
Laura, your belly is all baby!
I know you, Paul, and Elise are so
excited and so ready to meet Baby #2.
I'll keep all 4 of you especially in my prayers!
Love,
Bev