Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Elise's Baby Book

Elise has two baby books....a traditional hard cover baby book that's fill-in-the-blank and then a Creative Memories book that covers the first year of her life. The Creative Memories book has been an ambitious project and one I'll probably regret. She's 2 1/2 years old and I'm just now close to finishing it. Meanwhile, all my other 'scrapbooks' have been scrapped. While it's fun to look at all of the pictures and reminisce, it's also been this big weight on my shoulders. I feel guilty when I'm not working on it, but if I work on it at the wrong time, it's not creative and I'm not happy with the result.



Being a second child myself, I know how Baby S will feel if she doesn't have equal opportunity. I'm happy to say that I have a baby book from childhood, but I think there may only be about 2 things written in it (sorry Mom....I know what a handful I was and therefore understand why a few things are missing). So, I regret that I set the bar so high....I have a lot of work ahead. Maybe by the time Baby S gets married she'll have her own book. Until then, she'll have to rely on the 3,000 pictures that Paul plans to take that will end up on a harddrive somewhere.

3 comments:

BoxcatAV said...

Just as long as you don't let Baby #2 go to the mall by herself before Elise, I'm sure there will be no hard feelings. That's my biggest gripe with being baby #1.

Anonymous said...

On the other hand, I'm not sure that Baby #3 ever even had her name entered in her baby book!

I'm sorry that I was such a schleppy mom. Maybe as a stay at home mom you'll do a better job of it. Knowing Elise, I think you already have!

Good thing that love isn't predicated on bay books!

Mom

Rachael said...

I gave up on the scrapbooking. I'm too analytical. I have to have everything symmetrical and then it ends up looking like a 5th grader did it. I have now opted for the type of photo albums that you slide your pictures in and journal...and I'm behind on those too.