I exited the highway and pulled into the nearest parking lot to survey the damage. This is what I found:
Saturday, April 07, 2007
It's No Joke
It was March 31, not April Fool's Day, so this is the honest truth. Elise and I were headed back to my parents' house after spending the day with my grandmothers in Swartz Creek. We were on I-96 a couple of miles from the exit....Elise was sleeping soundly in the back seat. I just noticed two or three big birds (wild turkeys I presume) land in the wooded area on the side of the road. I was thinking how big they were when suddenly a large object hit my car. It sounded like a boulder and the car shook.....loud enough to wake Elise up. I immediately looked in my rear-view mirror and noticed a fluff ball of feathers, bouncing along center of the highway. It appeared that a turkey just flew into the car, apparently miscalculating his landing into the wooded area.
I exited the highway and pulled into the nearest parking lot to survey the damage. This is what I found:
A tuft of big fluffy feathers, guts and dirt strewn about the driver's side. Luckily, there was no major damage (a small dent on the rear passenger door was later discovered). Upon arriving at my parents' house, Elise reported to Grandpa that "there are feathers on the window." He was kind enough to take a broom and sweep everything off. I'm not sure if there's a moral to the story but one thing's for sure....I sure am glad the bird didn't land in my lap!
I exited the highway and pulled into the nearest parking lot to survey the damage. This is what I found:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment