Lincoln Park Zoo
Elise has been dying to get outside to the playground. The cold, wet and rainy days have been brutal for her and so at the first glimpse of sunshine, we are out the door. And playing in our short driveway rarely cuts it! Since day was scheduled to so beautiful, we decided to head out to Lincoln Park Zoo. We took Elise there when she was a baby, but now she's at an age where she can really enjoy it. While Paul and I were amused by the Chimpanzees, Elise decided what she really wanted to see were the snakes. We found this to be quite odd because neither Paul nor I like snakes and we generally go out of our way to avoid the amphibian and small animal houses at all zoos.
While at the zoo, we also met up with some friends from our time in Michigan (a fellow consultant from McK). They have a little boy, Felipe, who is one of the cutest babies I've seen. Quite a charmer and he has the most lovable smile.
Walker Bros. Pancake House
We went to church last night so that today would be completely open. Paul and Elise were kind enough to let me sleep in (a luxury I soon won't have for a while). They then took out for
breakfast at one of my favorite pancake houses in this area: Walker Bros. Yum! While they are most known for their apple pancakes, I opted for French Crepes. It's a good thing, really. On our way out, there was a freezer by the register where you can buy frozen apple pancakes. Out of curiosity, we looked at the nutritional information on the back. First, I'll mention that each order of pancakes is a serving size of 6 (at least the frozen variety). Second, each serving accounts for 45% of the daily value of saturated fat! They are really tasty, but I'm not sure it's worth risking cardiac arrest.Two Trips to the Park
As soon as Elise was out of bed this morning, she was asking to go to the park. So, we managed to fit in two trips. She had a blast and we didn't complain, being able to spend the day outside.


No comments:
Post a Comment