Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Happy to Be Home

Well, we made it home. Julia was released from the hospital around 5:00 this afternoon. After blood tests, urine tests, a spinal tap, 2 EKGs, an EEG, a CT, and an echocardiogram, doctors were unable to determine the cause of her apparent seizure. This is a good news/bad news situation....good news in that every test she was given turned out normal but bad in that we have no idea why the seizure occured.

At the advice of the pediatrician at the hospital, now we have to try to get back to 'normal', though I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that completely. It'll be hard not to constantly look over my shoulder to make sure that Julia is okay. What a wake up call this experience has been!

We are thrilled to be home. Thank you for all of your phone calls, thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im thrilled to hear the tests were all normal and of course they are NORMAL because Julia is a white sox fan, that keeps things on the even keal ! Kidding aside, well not about the sox really but Im really thinking of you all with this going on, I had a medical emergency similar to yours when Kevin was six months old, it really did me IN Sounds like you are handling this very well but I agree , the worry will be there for awhile til more normal days with no reoccurance happen! Remind me to tell you about our 'near miss' and hospital stay in Chicago with kevin, many years ago !! I WILL NEVER NEVER forget that either. Linda

John said...

where's the pictures you took this weekend?