Last night was the first night that we were home alone....without Paul, that is. He left for a 2 day business trip out west. Sadly, this included him being gone all day Saturday too.
Yesterday went fairly smoothly. We ventured out to the playground in the morning, took a long walk around the neighborhood, took naps in the afternoon, and played in the basement in between. I even managed to give Elise a bath and got her into bed without too much of a struggle. Not too shabby. Too bad she refused to use the potty all day...that would have been icing on the cake!
Julia, on the otherhand, has not been as cooperative. She didn't want to go to sleep last night. For the past several nights, she's gotten up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. After changing her diaper, feeding her and getting her back to sleep, usually about 30 minutes or more has elapsed. That means I'm up every hour. And by 5:30, she's ready to be up for a while (and it doesn't help that our room is as bright as a midsummer day).
Today, Elise managed to get into her stamp ink pad without my knowledge. She had ink everywhere (including on the walls, chair and all over the sink....she was attempting to clean-up her own mess). She also drew lines on our ottoman with her whiteboard marker. During lunch, she dug American cheese into the burbur carpet. That was all before 11:30a. Thankfully, this afternoon includes a date with the sandman (naptime). Then I think we'll attempt to go to church. I'm guessing I'll be a little slow to get out of bed in the morning.
Boy, will we be glad when Paul comes home!
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment