Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Great Houdini

Elise never ceases to amaze me. While in Memphis, we learned that she can escape from her Pack-n-play. Okay, I can deal with that. Yesterday, we found out that Elise can climb out of her crib. In fact, while in a 2-minute time out, it became so quiet upstairs, I began to wonder what was going on. When Paul went to check on her, Elise was standing at the top of the stairs. She climbed out so stealthily, we didn't even know.

Houdini strikes again. While supposedly taking a nap this afternoon, we hear the click of her door. Elise once again climbed out, went to her bookcase to get a book, and was ready to head down the stairs. I'm at a loss for words. She's going to have to work on her Alcatraz escape plan if she wants to get past me!

I think it's time to think very seriously about a big-girl bed (and maybe a lock for the outside of her door). :>)

3 comments:

IrishMommy said...

so its starts! imagine that x2
gotta love these times...

Dan said...

Another reason that time outs are no good. Nothing beats a good spanking...no pun intended.

Anonymous said...

Just toss the crib mattress on the floor and take the crib itself down. That will keep her safe from falling during her escapes and you can put a gate across her doorway. She may even enjoy the mattress on the floor and stay in it. Petey did.
Love Gail the Great