Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Judicial Process at Work

I've been summoned to serve as a juror for the Third Judicial Circuit Court on December 4th. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem serving as a juror. What stinks is that it's downtown Detroit (a 45+ minute drive). While I'll earn $25/day for the first day of service and $40 for each subsequent day, they do not compensate for parking. The timing is also unfortunate. If only we had moved when we were supposed to.....bummer!

Believe it or not, I've served on a jury (personal injury lawsuit) once before in Cook County, Chicago. It was an interesting experience to say the least. Unfortunately, it was declared a mistrial so I didn't get to see it through to the end. This time, I'll remember to bring lots of reading materials and food...there's a lot of waiting around and courthouse food is nothing to get excited about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had to do the same jury duty downtown Detroit and it stinks. I just got summoned to serve for Oakland County in December.