Because we didn't have anything better to do, having not moved this weekend, we decided to take Elise up to the mall where they have an indoor playground for smaller kids. On our way, we came upon a bit of traffic here in Canton due to a train. After the train passed, we started to inch forward when all of a sudden we heard a loud bang from behind us, followed by a sudden jerk to our own car. Yes, we were rear-ended....again! This is actually the third accident we've been in since moving to the Detroit area. I find this a little bit ironic, considering we've lived in the Chicagoland area for 7 years without any problems and there's a ton more traffic there.
Thankfully, no one was hurt. And our car came out without a scratch. I can't say the same thing for the two cars behind us though. It wasn't pretty.
Elise was so good during the whole thing, especially because we had to wait several minutes for the police to arrive. She was a bit startled when we were hit and whimpered for a few minutes, but after asking her if she was hurt, she said "I'm okay, Mama." She followed that up with, "I'm sorry, Mama, I'm sorry." I'm not sure why she felt she needed to apologize, but it was sweet nonetheless.
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You've certainly had a 'Rudi and Errin' week. Hopefully things will turn around!
Rudi, you liked it when you were "rear-ended" by that guy.
Post a Comment