Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, July 27, 2007

At the Fair!

Grandma and Grandpa took us to the Porter County Fair this week. Elise loved seeing the animals, which included (believe it or not) sea lions and tigers. She was much braver than last summer and even got close enough to feed a couple of pigs. She also petted calves, horses, sheep, rabbits and kittens.



In the barnyard tent, there was a mama pig with 10 piglets. As the runt was trying ever so hard to eat, I was thinking how much I can sometimes relate to the mother. She looked tired and hot and not interested!



Elise was intrigued by the ferris wheel, but we didn't go for a ride this year. I bet next year will be a completely different ball game. A good time was had by all....even Julia who took a nap the whole time we were there.

No comments: