Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

More Convinced Than Ever

We spent part of Sunday with a few of Paul's cousins at Deep River Water Park in Crown Point, IN. It was sweltering hot, but Julia and I camped out under a shady tree and enjoyed the warm breeze while Paul and Elise played in the water (sorry, no pictures.....the camera battery died).

While hanging out with Julia, I became convinced of several things:
  1. Americans are severely overweight. Enough said.
  2. Men should not wear Speedos at water parks. I'm talking about the tight, brief-like suits that athletes wear. Also, enough said.
  3. People are lazy. Someone dropped a lifejacket in the middle of the sidewalk...I watched at least 100 people step on or over it before I got up and moved it out of the way.
  4. People who can afford to take their families to water parks can afford to put their children in swim diapers. I don't even what to ponder the thought of what Elise was swimming in. They should also be able to afford swim suits.
  5. Some kids are so rude. A couple of girls walked right up to our chairs and almost walked off with 2 water tubes. You'd think that they would at least ask before taking what clearly does not belong to them.

Phew. Glad I got that off my chest.

No comments: